First of all, guess who is this week’s DIY Superstar on Cut Out and Keep? Us! Be sure to check out our tutorials (some of our favorites from Thrifty Below), a new one will be posted each day!
This weekend I took a little break from studying for finals to wrap presents and bake cookies. Okay, so it was a pretty long break… which lasted most of Saturday night and Sunday. But those are two of my favorite parts of the holidays! Anyway, the first Christmas cookie recipe I’ll be sharing with you is for cream cheese cookies, which are so easy! My aunt passed this recipe on to my mom and they both make these every year. They’re one of my favorite cookies! Unfortunately I didn’t get to eat many of this batch, a certain husband of mine cleared them out pretty quickly.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter
1 box of cake mix (I used yellow, but any flavor will work great!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cream the butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer on medium (about 2 minutes). A hand mixer works too.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
Roll into 1 inch balls and sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles. One batch will make 25-30 cookies, depending on the size of the dough balls.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Let cool and then try not to eat them all at once!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 box of cake mix (any flavor)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together using a hand or stand mixer on medium.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Roll into one inch balls and sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool, serve, and enjoy!