Football season is my favorite season. Every Sunday from September through February, it’s all about the NFL, the fantasy scores, the Chicago Bears, the trash talking, and the appetizers. Okay, so maybe it’s mostly about the appetizers. Caitlynn admitted in her pasta salad recipe last week that the food is her favorite part of football season, and I have to agree!
Generally I post vegan recipes, but my husband and friends are meat eaters, so I have to cook a little bit of everything at football parties. I got this buffalo chicken dip recipe from the business manager of my husband’s department, who makes it for football tailgates. It’s super easy, cheesy, and really good!
2 chicken breasts (~1 pound)
1 12 ounce container of Frank’s Red Hot Wing sauce
8 ounces crumbled bleu cheese
8 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
1 cup of shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
1/4 cup ranch dressing
Poach your chicken breasts. Put them into a large pot and fill with water, about an inch above the chicken. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat, cover, and reduce to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
In the meantime, spread the cream cheese over a medium-sized baking dish. Mine is the 2 1/4 quart size from the Rachael Ray Bubble and Brown set.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Once the chicken is cooked, carefully put it into a bowl and shred using two forks.
Mix the buffalo sauce into the shredded chicken.
Put the chicken on top of the cream cheese and add the 8 ounces of bleu cheese.
Cover with the shredded cheese and drizzle ranch dressing over the top. I also drizzle some extra buffalo sauce.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts (~1 pound)
- 1 12 ounce container of Frank’s Red Hot Wing sauce
- 8 ounces crumbled bleu cheese
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- Poach the chicken by bringing chicken and water to boil over medium high heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread softened cream cheese over the bottom of a medium baking dish.
- Shred the chicken using two forks.
- Mix the shredded chicken and Frank's Red Hot buffalo sauce.
- Spread the chicken over the cream cheese. Add bleu cheese and shredded cheese.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing and extra buffalo sauce if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!