Our favorite barbecue restaurant has these awesome jalapeno deviled eggs that you can add onto your order for 50 cents each. Unfortunately, eating out a lot really eats up the budget, plus bbq sandwiches, hush puppies, and fried okra aren’t the most healthy options for lunch. So we had to find another way to get our deviled egg fix! I debuted this recipe at a football party a few weeks ago, and updated it for last weekend. These were a huge hit! The spice from the jalapeno adds a nice little kick to traditional deviled eggs. Now if only I could get hard boiled eggs to peel themselves…
12 eggs, hard boiled
6 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tbsp pickled jalapenos, minced
3 tbsp green onion, minced
2 tsp spicy mustard
1/2 tsp salt
generous grinding of black pepper
Extra green onions, minced
24 pickled jalapeno slices
Remove the shells from the hard boiled eggs and slice in half. Scoop out the yolks with a spoon and put them into a mixing bowl.
Add the mayo, minced pickled jalapenos, green onion, spicy mustard, salt, and black pepper. Mix with a fork until well combined.
Using a spoon, gently fill the eggs. If you want to get fancy, you could use a pastry bag instead. Place a slice of pickled jalapeno on each egg and sprinkle with extra minced green onions.
That’s it! Serve and enjoy!
How do you jazz up your deviled eggs? Let us know in the comments below!
- 12 eggs, hard boiled
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp pickled jalapenos, minced
- 3 tbsp green onion, minced
- 2 tsp spicy mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- generous grinding of black pepper
- For garnish:
- Extra green onions, minced
- 24 pickled jalapeno slices
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and slice in half longways. Scoop the yolks into a mixing bowl.
- Add the mayo, mustard, green onions, minced jalapeno, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Using a fork, mix until well combined.
- Using a spoon or pastry bag, fill the egg halves and top with a slice of pickled jalapeno. Sprinkle with green onions or paprika.
- Serve and enjoy!